Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Poe, part 3 - with added edit at the end

The floor is in and drying. More paint is drying on the ceiling piece and the baseboards.
I remembered I had this carpet in my stash and wondered if it would fit. I like the look of it in the room, but would have to cut it. That doesn't bother me too much, nor does it bother the person who gave it to me.

The problem is I still really want to use this carpet.
But to do that I need to find a print that can handle printing on fabric. *sigh*

Now for the chair debate. I found this chair at miniatures.com. It would be a tight fit and I like the upholstery. I would only have to make a small pillow to set on it so that it fits with the poem.

"This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining,
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamplight gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamplight gloating o'er
She shall press, ah, nevermore!"

Or I can look around and see if I have any wingback chair kits in my stash, which is a possibility though remote. Searching through the kits means I have to wait until FH comes home to make sure I don't fall. Buying a chair means I have to wait until after payday.

*****
FH came home and I was able to find a wingback chair kit in my stash. It's the same as the kit I used to make this chair.
However when I put this one in the Poe box the acrylic would not slide in. It is just a tiny bit to wide. I'm wondering if I upholster it in something other than leather if it will work. I think I'm going to give it a try and see what I can find that will work. [Pillow in picture by Fay Zerbolio. Kit from House of Miniatures.]

No comments: