Saturday, March 7, 2009

Magnetic Resonance Imaging

I hurt enough today that I bowed out of my regular sewing circle with my Rendezvous friends. FH came home early from the Hunter Safety class he helps teach and took me to a doctor.

The physician we saw has ordered an MRI to see if there is any additional damage to my spine versus a tumor or even a pinched nerve. He also mentioned "confirming the spina bifida diagnosis" from my early adulthood.

Dude. I saw the x-rays myself. There was a hole in the vertebra where no hole should be. Apparently working with fossil bones and anatomy isn't good enough for me to understand when a hole isn't supposed to be in a spinal column. Who knew?

I suppose Daddy was right when he said, "Doctors are practicing."

Someone will be calling me on Monday to schedule the test. I'm not overly pleased about it, since I detest enclosed spaces and those machines are loud. Hopefully the insurance will cover the nice open MRI at different hospital.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm sorry you're hurting, Kat. I hope they can help you and that your insurance pays.

Brenda said...

Kat, I've given you an award. Come on over and get it whenever you're ready!

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, MiniKat-I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts your way regarding the upcoming MRI.

Sharon said...

I'm discovering that not all the blog posts show up on my Google blog roll. I've found a bunch of blogs though my Dashboard that are new to me, like this one! It's too late, since you're right in the middle of the MRI right now, but if I had to do one again, I'd request sedation. When I had one for my shoulder, I thought I would totally lose it and knew that if I opened my eyes, I'd go crazy. I kept them squeezed and said more Hail Marys and Our Fathers than I think I've ever said in my entire life. Next time - drugs please.