Please save me from that noisy thing that Mom's pushing around the house! It's loud and makes things disappear! All my fluffs, and the leaves that stick to my coat, and the fuzz from the kitties! It's scary! I'm hiding outside until Mom and Daddy aren't playing with that thing!
Well I finally finished the binding on this baby quilt. Now to get it delivered.
Pixel was very helpful in making sure I stayed seated to work.
Mercedes made sure I celebrated May the Fourth. I think she just wanted the cookies I was giving her for wearing the BB-8 head boppy thing.
In other news, our area is experiencing a bit of flooding. Nothing horrifying, just the sidewalks and parking areas down by the riverfront. I took these photos as they were closing the sidewalks in preparation for the high water.
So I've had to find temporary haunts for playing Pokemon GO for the time being. But better than getting wet feet.
That's all for now. I have to figure out what the next UFO I tackle will be. And the parts I had to order for the crochet project I started a while back have gotten here, so I might dig that back out. We'll see what sounds good as the week progresses. See you next time!
Mom's not feeling to well, so I'm keeping her from doing any work. I decided she was working to hard the other day and took the liberty of laying on her project and not letting her have it back. I'll maybe met her do her own typing next time.
Spring cleaning has hit the house... or at least when I'm not resting an inflamed tendon in my right foot. I do as much as I can, sit for a while, and get up and try a little something else. Time consuming, but so far effective.
That's all that's been happening around here. How are things in your part of the world?
There were mistakes in the pattern. I made mistakes as I worked and had to correct them. I ran out of yarn, despite the pattern requirements showing me that I had more than enough, and had to find a coordinating yarn to finish with. But it's done.
Now I need to find a pattern to use up the use up the remaining brown yarn. Oh darn! ;-)
Happy Easter, for those who celebrate. See you next weekend!
I've been sick and in pain all week. I can testify that crocheting while fevered is hard. Currently I'm working on row 8 for the third time. But it's looking gorgeous. I've found two mistakes in the pattern and noted them on Ravelry.
Until we get test results back, we won't know for sure what's going on. I do know that the fevers are due to internal silliness and not a virus or bacteria that can spread. Various test start happening this week. This is what happens when you can't see your doctor until a Friday. Better than not seeing one at all.
I'm going to go curl up and watch a movie or something. Maybe try finishing row 8 or maybe not.
FuzzyHusband and I took a trip south this weekend to see "the wee nephew and co." We're just getting back, and since I forgot to prep a filler post for this morning, I'm running late.
These towels have been lingering in my stash for a while. I needed to find the correct colors of cotton.
Then I made a second purple newsboy hat for our favorite bartender. The look on her face when I "magically" pulled out of my bag was priceless. She'd been admiring my hair for weeks and I had another skein of the yarn left.
Another towel set that had been waiting for the right yarn to be found. Love the colors on these.
And now for the current WIP:
This will be a bed jacket for Grandma. I found the pattern on Ravelry and the yarn's been moving around with me for over a decade. It's 50/50 wool and mohair.
Now for something fun and different! I finally got the chance to catch up with my hairdresser. We did something fun and crazy with my hair on Friday!
That's all for this weekend. It's getting late and I still have things to do before bed. See you next weekend!
No crochet happened this week. None. Because I spent 63 hours working on this:
So pleased with how this turned out, despite being a rush job!
The pattern is McCall's M7339. My client chose that metallic silver fabric, which happened to be a knit. So I interfaced all the body pieces as well as the lining pieces. The first 8 hours was pattern piece alteration. Once the muslin mock up fit, I cut the lining, the corset body fabrics, and lots of interfacing. So much interfacing.
The black fabric is actually the "wrong" side of the silver fabric. Little glimmers of the silver peek through, for a fun contrast. The black roses are actually a sequin netting fabric that I overlaid on top of the silver.
FuzzyHusband's leatherworking tools came in handy when it came time for the grommets. Made that process so much easier. Also thankful for the twin needle on my sewing machine and the invisible thread from my quilting stash. Adding the trim was so easy thanks to them!
My client wore this last night on stage during a burlesque show. She was a lot of fun to so for. I look forward to working with her again.... with more time allotted for me to sew in. 63 hours in 6 days was not fun. ;-)
I'm going to relax for a few days and get back to crocheting once my hands forgive my for the abuses heaped upon them. See you next weekend!