Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MRI update 2, plus extra

Thank you to everyone's well wishes. I'm hoping things get straightened out soon.

As far as the test went, I now have a CD with my MRI scans in my possession. The tech let me see the pictures after we finished the scans. Then she offered to burn me a CD with everything on it. That was the best part of the day.

The machine was loud, but not louder than the closed one I was in a few years ago. It was very nice to be able to look past the machine over me and see a recessed ceiling with lovely decorative elements instead of more machine.

The entire clinic was gorgeous. The waiting area was warm and calming. Lots of golds and reds. Apparently they had a plate of very nice cookies that FH partook of. (He neglected to grab one for me though. But he did make me dinner when we got home.)

The restroom pallet actually inspired an idea for a new roombox. That kept my brain occupied so I could relax and not move while the machine was running. The walls were a dark, warm gold. It reminded me of the gold in Russian themed things. There was a tall, modern hutch in there that was black lacquer. Decorative elements were in reds, greens, and white. I'm thinking about a formal sitting room with a large book shelf. I have a few pieces in my stash that are black, red, and gold that would be nice accents.

The room that the MRI machine was in also had a lovely pallet. Calming tones of peach and white with plants (probably silk) within eyeline of the person in the machine. Much more relaxing than one in a hospital. And the ladies there were extremely nice. I was amazed at how relaxing the whole thing really was.

Since this was an out-patient clinic type place there was no radiologist on duty to read the scans right away. A full report will be sent to the doctor who ordered the scan sometime tomorrow. I will be calling the office to schedule a follow up visit as well.

I should have some pictures of the beginnings of the Poe book Tuesday. I don't know if I will get to the cafe's flowers until FH has a chance to get it down for me. I don't want to risk dropping the glass case that it's in. I will probably work on my 1:48 scale southwestern room while glue dries on Poe. After that I'm doing some more snake research and perhaps some more cakes. This all depends on if I can move in the morning. I did pretty well Monday until right before the appointment. Hopefully Tuesday will be an improvement.

Oh, the vet and I have decided to take Castor off the medication he's been on for a week now. His bowel issues actually worsened on it this time instead of improving. We're going to give him a few days to see if they calm down again. If not we are going to try a probiotic suppliment to his diet.


Karen B. said...

Thank goodness for such a positive experience during the MRI. Wishing you well, MiniKat.

Jayne said...

Thank you for following my blog. It's always nice to hear from new like minded people.

Love Jayne xxxx

Leigh said...

Sounds like they really worked hard to make a difficult procedure more comforting. I hope the results are encouraging.

The Pin Factory said...

Hi there
thanks for following my blog - its great getting to know people. We seem to have quite a bit in common, not only the miniatures, fibre art, cats, rabbits and all the rest but I too have a chronic pain condition and have had to learn to take each moment as it comes. I remember my MRI last year nobody prepares you for how loud it is! Good luck with everything and I shall keep watching your blog too :-)

Tallulah~Belle said...

That sounds like they have created a very nice environment to get an MRI done.

Hope it all works out well for you.


Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Minikat,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments. I wish you the best of health! :)

Pei Li