Wednesday, March 18, 2009

From My Stash 3-18-09

This week I've dug out a kit that a friend bought for me at the Goodwill store. It had already been opened and painted. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it when I put it together.
I know from the label that it's a Real Good Toys Four Seasons Porch. However I've never seen a picture of one put together. This will might help me be more creative with it.

The pieces all seem to be present. The packing list doesn't list windows or a door so I will have to find some to use. There is a piece of plexiglass in the box that was purchased separately. It still has a price tag form Hobby Lobby on it.
The paint doesn't look bad. I might leave ti alone depending on what I decide to do with the kit. This picture isn't the best, but it should give you an idea of what it looks like.
So far I've debated making a country-style porch, a haunted house porch, a Victorian porch where the decor changes to fit the real seasons... So many ideas. Any more ideas out there that nobody minds sharing?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen a four season porch done up for the four seasons and it was great. It was surprising how much different each season was even though the porch was the same. They had Christmas, Easter, July 4th and Thanksgiving. (or you could do Halloween) It gives a lot of scope to do several scenes in one.

rosanna said...

A porch... I had one in my family country house, it was covered by a vine and it was beautiful. I'd do a changing seasons porch.

Debbie said...

I can't wait to see what you decide to do with your Porch.

Leigh said...

I love Goodwill. One never know what neat stuff one might find there.

Sans! said...

How about a mini of your own house?

MiniKat said...

Hmmm. If my house had a porch, I would think about it. It is a good idea though.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I have or should say had a four seaon porch in 1/2 scale. I'll have to find a picture of it. I also a couple of one-inch scale ons but gave them away! They are fun and easy to make! Endless possibilities! :) Mini hugs, Marsha