Wednesday, May 6, 2009

From My Stash 5-6-09

It's Wednesday, which means another nose into the minis I've been stashing since I moved out of the dorms in 1999. ;-)

This week we have a selection of miniature furniture sold by the Smithsonian Museum catalog which my mother purchased as a birthday gift six years ago. You may have seen a few of the pieces in the BD's master bedroom in this post. I decided they will not reside there, therefore I have no idea where they will go. Anyway, here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy! :-)

The bed and mirror for the short dresser:
Both dressers:

Bunk beds:

Dining room table and chairs:

Rocking horse and night table:

Sideboard and silver chest:
I've been toying with the idea of creating a room box of just a dining room and redecorating it based on the holiday or occasion. It would be fun and give me the excuse to make lots more food displays. ;-)

I think the bunk beds will end up in my "gigantic Christmasy display" that's been on the design table for years. I want a set of bunk beds for the area that is a child's room. Not sure though.

I gave up on the idea of yet another dollhouse just to house the pieces together. I have several large dollhouses already and all of them are specific projects where the furniture doesn't or will not look right.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Those are some wonderful miniatures you got there! I love looking at people's stashes! Thank you for sharing!

Michelle said...

Beautiful furniture, and I like the idea of a seaonal dining room!

MiniKat said...

Betty: Thank you , and you're welcome. :-)

Michelle: Thanks. The more I ponder it, the more I like it too.

JDayMinis said...

Those are wonderful furniture pieces, lovely finish. It must be so nice to have them to dream about where you will use them.

Mini Hugs, Jean