Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Taking My Ball and Sayin' to Heck with It!

I'm tired. I'm sore. I'm sick of cleaning.

Last night we (the residents of the neighborhood) were informed that an inspector from the corporation that owns our houses was coming the next morning (today!) to look at the conditions of our carpets, appliances, vinyl flooring, counter tops, etc.

You all know the turmoil of the last few months and how I'm just getting back into the swing of things...

So FH was still at work last night until after nine o'clock. Holly came over here after taking a load of things to the new house and we cleaned. FH came home and we cleaned. I couldn't sleep worrying over the hobby clutter that we left on the tables and whatnot in favor of making sure the counters in the kitchen were free of clutter and the stove got it's regular 6-month deep cleaning.

I have a skewed sense of "clean." I blame my mother. Before I started having trouble walking I dusted my house once a week. I try to keep clutter to a minimum when it happens. The hallway bathroom, which is never used unless we have company is wiped down and checked every two weeks.... this is the opposite of what I grew up with. *cough* Keep in mind that even with the clutter getting nuts, FH fought the fifth and always took out the trash and ran the vacuum cleaner. Even if I couldn't help.

So this morning I have no energy but I drag myself out of bed and wait to see if our house is one of the 20% chosen at random to be visited in a three hour period.

The inspector drove into the neighborhood. He drove around. He left and I didn't notice. He. Never. Stopped.

He claims he couldn't find the property office. How stupid do you have to be to not be able to see and follow the blue and white signs with arrows on them through the neighborhood saying, "Office: turn (the appropriate direction)"??

I finally found all this out when I saw our regular maintenance crew planting a tree next door and I wandered over. They were irritated for me, since they know I've been having health issues. Especially since the neighborhood was only given a day's notice.

So for the rest of this week, excepting the daily things involving the care of our pets, putting trash in bins, and loading the dishwasher I am doing no cleaning.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to play with my minis after I wake up when I feel like it. Hopefully I'll actually get some rest this go around.

Minis tomorrow and damn the cleaning!

And I hope that idiot inspector gets replaced with someone who can read signs.

13 comments:

Julie said...

Thats really out of order of them to do that!!! Sending some very gentle ((((HUGS)))))
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry :(

Ara said...

That sounds awful :( Definitely get some rest and enjoy a day of minis!!

Mags Cassidy said...

One question...What's cleaning! lol
Mags
x

A. Wright said...

What a waste of energy Kat, sorry to hear this. Rest up and enjoy the day. You certainly earned it!

Caseymini said...

Now you're learning, Kat! Minis first. Then if there is any time for other stuff fine. If not, don't sweat it! I hope you are feeling better today.

Kim said...

How very frustrating! I should think that if they had chosen your place they should have to understand your circumstances of the last few months and inspect someone else! I hope you get lots of rest and mini time the rest of this week. A big hug to you!

rosanna said...

I'm sorry fr your not feeling better yet but I cannot understand the reason for the inspection.
Do you have to go under inspection inside your own home ??? that sounds greatly unfair to my Italian ears. And against basic civil rights of privacy as well.Cannot believe it!

Mary said...

I'm sorry you and FH had to deal with all that. Take it easy the next few days, ok?

Mary said...

Kat, I have on award for this blog waiting for you on my own blog. Come pick it up anytime :)

Joshy and belle said...

Hi Kat,
what a pants day!!!
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, its really nice to start a blog and see so many lovely comments, thank you again,
Felicity xx

Poppypatchwork said...

Well that's the horrible stuff done for a couple of weeks, enjoy your mini's and rest and be happy

Unknown said...

Darn skippy! Go play minis. More fun than cleaning anyway.