Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Mini!

I did work on a mini yesterday before I packed the trading post into the office so I could use the kitchen table for sewing. I made Petunia "sassy!"


I think she looks pretty good in her bling-covered collar.

Now I just have to get through the bag sewing and shirt altering so I can get back to minis.

When I say I'm altering shirts, that's what I mean. We bought some cheap shirts that are over-sized and in colors that work from Goodwill yesterday. I've been taking off buttons and pockets today. Next will be to sew closed the fronts and shorten the cuffs. Then I'll put on either bone or wooded buttons with loop catches. Pics once I actually get somewhere with them! ;-)

8 comments:

A. Wright said...

She is precious!

Alerting, very clever. That's much less time consuming and likely easier on the wallet than new fabrics too.

Katie said...

Aweee! Her collar is perfect! Love all that Bling!!! And the bow!! :)

Crafts From The Stash said...

Awwwww so cute. I am intrigued to see what you do with your finds Kat.
Debie xxx

Kim said...

Petunia looks adorable! I am excited to see pics of your finished shirts and bag :)

MiniKat said...

April: Actually severely altering clothes like I'm doing takes longer than starting from scratch. It only saves the wallet, not the sanity.

Katie: Thanks! It's just seemed to fit her. Now I"m not sure a girly girl like her needs to live in the trading post. She might be just visiting.

Debie: I'm hoping they turn out alright.

Kim: Here's hoping I get at least one shirt and two bags done by Saturday.

JDayMinis said...

She looks very happy with her new bling!

I would love to see photos of the shirts you are working on. I always save old shirt parts for minis too. Some of the prints are great and the fabric in shirts is wonderful.

Mini Hugs, Jean

Karen said...

I'd love to see the shirts when you're finished!

rosanna said...

I love this little dog. She will be very happy of her new attire