Monday, May 18, 2009

Flooring Options for Boy Nursery - Any ideas?

I have two of the three flooring options in my possession. The first is this lovely paper that can be spray with varnish to actually look more like wood. [Yes I still need to cut the rest of the baseboard. It's on the list for today. ;-) ]

I think it looks ok. I would have to stitch a carpet or rug eventually to warm up the room, but that doesn't bother me. I could probably use the border animals in the design somehow.

The next option is another paper. It's from the same scrapbook paper collection as teh paper on the walls. Again I would need to stitch something.I don't know if it would look too busy though. Even with furniture, toys everywhere, and a rug. Just not sure.

The third option would be either an off-white or pale yellow carpet. I don't have any here or else I would show them with the walls. Off-white would be the safest in terms of ordering sight unseen.

What do you all think?

I've got varnish drying on some floor for the Greenleaf and I think I've figured out how I'm going to paint the chair. It's also gorgeous out so I can hopefully get some stain on some furniture pieces.

I've got laundry spinning and a piece of red velvet cake for my tea later. I had best get a move on. Maybe then the disgusted grunts coming from Patch in the Greenleaf will cease. ;-)

8 comments:

Crafts From The Stash said...

I prefer the first one Kat. I love seeing your miniatures :O). Cant wait to see it finished.
Debie xxx

Wendie-kins said...

I like the wood idea too in a nursery, as in real life it would be easy to keep clean. I've never tried varnishing paper before though so am ever so interested to see how it comes out. Love the animal rug idea too.

Debbie said...

I really like the top paper for the Nursery..

AngelaMichelle said...

I like the first one. It's less busy, & a very warm color. I like the idea of incorporating the animal border into the rug.

Thanks for your comment about the toothpick bodies! I never thought of them as the broomsticks, but it fits! I think that image will be in my head every time I make bodies from now on :)

Anonymous said...

I like the first one as I think the yellow one is too busy. A scatter rug on that floor would look great. Did you see my nursery? I used an old housecoat of mine for the floor. I think it looked just like a soft rug and it worked well.(and the price was right LOL)

Sans! said...

Wood is good, Kat! So 1st one for me as well.

Miz Minka said...

I'm partial to wood flooring, it looks warm and inviting, which I think fits a nursery. You could add a colorful rug too. FWIW. :)

Alice said...

I like the wood one!