Thursday, May 14, 2009

Message For Mini Maker!

This is a message for Mini-Maker of Miniature Mumblings:

I tried commenting on your blog about the Whistle Stop Cafe mini, but for some reason I can't leave any comments. I have some ideas for you.

The hickory pit can be made easily with paperclay and some wire. The enamel-ware pieces that are being used for cooking/mixing could be made by adapting Marlies' wonderful enamel jug pattern to the correct shape.

There's a great book on miniatures from the 30's and 40's: Thirties and Forties Miniatures in 1:12 Scale by Jane Harrop. She has some great kitchen things in there. I've got anther book somewhere that shows great ways to make diner furniture.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Me, too! Mini Maker, I tried commenting on your blog last night but couldn't. I think there's something wrong with the HTML on the new background that you used for your blog!

rosanna said...

Me too! and I love this movie and the book!

The Mini - Maker said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info... I've changed it now, so lets see if it works!!!! :)