Friday, May 15, 2009

We're Still Here!

The thunder, lightning, high winds, and flash floods didn't whisk us away. FH made it home at a reasonable time today. He timed it just right as the rain didn't soak him when he got out of the car.

Holly and I got a nasty surprise at her new place. When we got there today we went downstairs to get our painting supplies. Twenty minutes later she ran down there for something else and there was an inch of water covering the floor. Apparently the sump pump had a short circuit and wasn't pumping the biblical flood waters out fast enough. It was bad.

We did manage to get a bedroom painted, another one primed, and a third taped off while a crew came with industrial fans and the largest dehumidifier I've ever seen and install them in the basement after using a shop vac to remove vast amounts of water. No furniture or home accessories were damaged by the water. Fortunately we were there when it happened. When the flash flood and tornado sirens started going off, we decided to call it quits early and get her home to her kids.

Lucky for me about ten minutes after she dropped me off the UPS man showed up with my box from Hobby Builders. None of my new minis were left to wait in the pouring rain! :-)

The computers we unplugged for most of today due to lightning. I was able to read blogs off and on in between storms on the laptop though. I just couldn't do much else as I normally use the desktop machine.

I did have the energy to play with one mini though. This is Patch. He will be living in the Greenleaf.
He looked a bit under dressed, so I hooked him up with a bandanna.
I looked forever to find a dog that fit the personality of the Greenleaf's decor. I can't say much more without giving away the "super secret" stuff about it. I think the contest deadline is the 25th. Regardless of me finishing in time, I will start showing off the project when the deadline for submissions is over.

Tomorrow I will sleep until I wake up. FH will be heading to work, so I will play with things for the Greenleaf and the boy's nursery. Holly and I are taking a couple of days to rest before going back to paint. The last two days were a bit much on our bodies and nerves.

10 comments:

Mary said...

I hope everything will be alright with Holly's new house after that flood of biblical proportions.

I can't wait to see your Greenleaf...that dressed-up has got me more curious!

Mary said...

edit: "dressed-up pup"

Anonymous said...

That pup is so cute with or without the bandanna. Boy, I remember those tornado sirens from my time in the midwest - very scary. Glad to hear you are OK!

Crafts From The Stash said...

((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))
I hope everything is ok too.
That dog is lovely and he does have a personality.
Debie xxx

Sans! said...

Kat, your pup is cute but with the bandanna, he is coooooool. Come and collect the cool award from my blog? Love, Sans

Debbie said...

Love the Dogs Bandanna..
Glad to hear that your all OK.

Katie said...

Love the new Puppy......He's sooooo cute!! Glad you all survived the biblical floods! hehe

MiniKat said...

Thanks ladies! I'm excited to get working again now that I'm no longer "waiting on parts."

The skies are clear for the time being. The Sun is even out. However the wind makes it just chilly enough for staining outside to be annoying. May have to set up in the garage and crack the door for ventilation.

Caseymini said...

Kat, do you realize that Patch is Spike's fraternal twin brother? They had one like him when I got Spike. I think that they have the most personality of any of the dogs that I have seen out there. Congrats on the new pup!

MiniKat said...

Casey, I thought Spike had more grey in his fur. Maybe they're cousins. ;-)

Wow... they're even posed the same way too.