First I want to thank everyone who helped me choose a floor for the nursery. I think I just needed to know I was leaning in the right direction. The wooden floor has been given about three coats of spray varnish.
It's shiny now. :-)
Sunday night Patch was disgusted that I hadn't done anything, so pulled out one of my favorite books with pictures and made him suffer through a photo shoot.
Doesn't he look disgusted? ;-) It shut him up though. I use the same trick on the cats when they will not leave us alone.
The remaining floor I needed for the Greenleaf got prepped and cut to fit yesterday. I will be installing it today. I also got the rest of the baseboard cut for the nursery. I'll get a picture of it later.
I also started painting that chair yesterday. I wanted it to look like the stain and varnish were rubbing off with age.
I started with a coat of gesso over the whole piece. When that was dry I used the stain packet from the Chrysenbon kit over the gesso, but only on the chair frame. The result was exactly what I wanted. Then I painted the seat red.
At this point I was starving, but Patch didn't want me to stop working. So I bribed him. ;-)
After everything dried really well I gave the whole thing a coat of watered down black paint.
It really makes the faded bits stand out and accents the seat's details. Patch approves. I also made him a box of biscuits. Hopefully that will give me ammunition later when he complains.
I still have some laundry to do, but my kitchen no longer looks like a four year old tried to make pancakes in it. I'll see what I can get done today in between occurrences of housework.