Monday, April 13, 2009

Enough Fooling Around...

I have to get back to work.

This weekend FH and I mostly ran errands. Saturday he helped dig and set 13 support posts for a ramp in concrete. His shoes were covered in good old Portland cement when he got home.

Sundays are his "grumpy" days. I think it has to do with the weekend ending and the inevitable commute to work the next day. I packed him off to an impromptu picnic at the nearby park in an attempt to snap him out of being grumpy. It worked!

We ate lunch in a gazebo on the lake shore and watched a pair of mallard ducks wander around.
Then we drove to the riverfront to check on the flooding. It was down a bit since my post in March.
Then we went exploring some of the back roads around the area and discovered new ways of getting to certain areas.

Today I picked up Castor's medications from the vet and started him on his treatments. Let's just say it's going to be a long next couple of months.

On the mini front I wetted down and draped the barn star quilt on a chair for the Independence Day vignette. It's currently letting the hairspray set.
I primed the interior of the Greenleaf with Gesso, tried making the little pompom animals from Casey's Easter post but can't find my beads or paper in a suitable color (ugh)- they are deaf, blind, and footless right now... poor things...
...and started playing around with a Michael's hutch that will be a cabinet in the BD's sewing room. Pictures of the sewing cabinet will come soon.

I did get a smile today when Alice of Double Purr sent me an email saying her package of goodies arrived. I put a few little things together on Friday morning and sent them to her. Glad you like them, Alice!

I'm going to finish watching what's left of House (ahh.. Hugh Laurie!) and then see if the quilt has set. ;-)

2 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kat, there's always computer paper and paint to match the bunnies and chicks. A good source for colored paper in small amounts is the info desk at our library. They have stacks of flyers from different sources, usually on colored paper to attract attention. I have been known to take a couple because they were just the color I needed for something like the chicks and bunnies. The edges are all useable.

MiniKat said...

I figured on doing something like that. I still need to find where the heck I put my seed beads though.