Well I finished stitching the bell pull and a coordinating pillow. I did alter the design of the bell pull. Originally the chart called for the bottom to be identical to the top, that is to say: horizontal.
Now I have never seen bell pulls that were not pointed in some way at the bottom, so the original design just did not set right in my head. I think I like the pointed end better. The better to attach a tassel to. ;-)
I have a bit more space in the fabric to use up before I wash them. I will probably do a few more 'pulls and another pillow. Might try a different design too. Or change the colorways. Either way I might get this piece of Hardanger filled up tomorrow and then get it washed. Then I can start rooting around for suitable fabrics to use for the finishing.
For now it's too dark to see what I'm doing. Maybe for my birthday FH will get me a lighted magnifier. Hmm....