Thursday, March 17, 2011

From Polar to Panda

Casey gave me the idea of finding bear buttons and painting them a couple of weeks ago.  I finally had a free moment to try it out.  It was as easy as 1,2,3:
I left the bottom one original for this picture so you can see what they used to look like.  Then I painted it too and let them dry.
Once they had dried I went back and painted the details on the eyes and bows and touched up the black in places.
This worked out really well.  I'm going to rummage through the buttons I have stashed in the sewing room to see if I have any other bear shapes that I can convert.  That's for another day though.

Thanks for the idea, Casey!

3 comments:

Ara said...

That is a good idea and they came out really cute!! I can't wait to see how this project turns out!

Kathi said...

How cute! Great idea!
Did you get my package yet? It was mailed on Saturday?

Tallulah Belle said...

Hey you

I am playing catch up...you've been busy.

The Panda nursery is looking great...can't wait to see it all done..so many realistic teeny bits.

And your baking...dang you make me crave cakes lol