Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President-elect Obama

Well. I didn't think I would see this day so early in my life.

It is almost in describable when I watch history being made. The big things I've seen so far in my life are: the Challenger explosion, Reagan being shot, the Berlin Wall coming down, the Gulf War, Steve Fossett's adventures, the bombings in London, the attacks on the World Trade Center building and the Pentagon, the execution of Saddam Hussein, the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan... just to name a few.

The beginning of the list dates me I guess. That's ok.

I figure let's all take a deep breath, as a country. We will let it out slowly and remember that this is America. We're all Americans with dreams. That's what makes this country special. We all have dreams. Let's watch and see if the man can help make our dreams come true. His predecessor has certainly shattered some of our dreams. So let's just sit back, have a breath and maybe a cool drink of something, and see what this man can do.

Currently there are two things I hope I do not see. 1) Him forgetting that he promised his daughters a puppy. That's not a forgivable thing for a father to do once he has said it. 2) The Bill of Rights being forgotten about again, in a different way. Leave our guns alone.

No comments: