Thursday, November 6, 2008

Idle hands. What are those?

I've been working on new Christmas ornaments for the last couple of days. In theory I will have them finished by the end of the week. I've put together quite a variety of styles and media choices. Currently the majority are unfinished ceramic pieces that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. There are two that are cross stitched, which are finished. I will get pictures up when they are all finished.

The project from the mini mixer that I went to on the 25th is almost complete. It's a view of a front door/stoop decorated for Christmas. Part of the original kit included a mailbox with our last name on it. The gentleman who put the kits together took the time to make them with everyone's name on them as a special feature. That was so very nice of him...but it doesn't match the color scheme that I decided on. so now I'm trying to decide what to do about it. I will hopefully get that sorted out soon.

So once the ornaments are painted, glued sealed, or whatever and the miniature scene has a mailbox and is decorated with garland, ribbons, and various other bits... I will post the pictures for all to see.

I will be starting the baby sampler for friends of ours soon. I also need to block the wedding piece and get it framed. Still waiting for an address to send it to though. That's slightly frustrating.

Also in the line up are Christmas gifts for the family. Fortunately they are small, fun things for everyone. On Saturday I will be learning how to use my new wheel. I can't wait.

No comments: