Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Old Favorites

A continuation of older projects from this post.  These are some of the older clothes I've made that we still wear often.  There are other pieces but I doubt FH wants his boxer shorts on the internet. ;-)

Cream colored gauze, trimmed with pale blue lace.  This was McCall's 5281, made to wear to a wedding in May of 2007.  I love, love, love this shirt and wear it at least a dozen times a year.  I goes with blue jeans just as well as it does with the skirt that's next.
My blue skirt that goes with the gauze blouse.  This was Butterick 4445 (view E) and is the same fabric I used to make the blue dress and purse back in 2007.  The dress was worn to the rehearsal dinner and the purse I used both days.  Love the look of the flounce at the bottom.  I have a wearable mock-up of this skirt only partially sewn in the sewing room.  You should see it appearing before too long.
 
Hats for FH.  These are Simplicity 5581 (men's hat) and were made while we were still in college (circa 2003-'04). 
 This shirt is also Simplicity 5581 (shirt, view A) and was the first time I'd ever made a man's shirt.  As you can see it matches on of the hats.
 This poor skirt's details have been lost, or at least semi-permanently misplaced.  I don't know what pattern I used.  There's a small chance that I didn't use one at all.  There are just two pieces of fabric sewn at side seams.  I remember the fabric was about 54" wide and is a heavier weight similar to home decor fabric, which means I could have just cut two pieces to length (plus hem allowance and elastic casing) and sewn it up.  I did leave a 6" slit on the right side to make walking easier.  You can bet I'll keep looking to see if I used a pattern or not. 
Until next time!

No comments: