Sunday, October 16, 2011

Two Sets of Baby Gifts

The first two of the six babies arrived at the end of September.  I managed to do the finishing touches on their ponies and other gifts just in time.  I'll be back to making baby gifts after we get back from the wedding.  It will be a nice change of pace.

Baby Evelyn joined big sister Anna.  I crocheted her a set of sandals in addition to the sewn gifts because her sister has a crochet pair of sandals and I wanted them both to have an heirloom when they were older.
 Here is the purple pony with it's face embroidered on.

 Baby "Charlie" came early.  Her daddy grew up down the street from me and used to maintain my parents' lawn.  I figured she is going to grow up as a bit of a tomboy, so I chose the green pony for her.  I didn't have a green floss that would work with the fleece, so I used a pale yellow for the face.
When I made the booties I picked these fabric for her in mind.  Just a touch of pink with green.

Hopefully we'll have an uneventful trip back home today.  Last weekend was crazy enough to last us for a while. ;-)

1 comment:

Ara said...

oh my goodness... those ponies are the cutest!! I know those babies will love these!