Crafting, musings, critters, and whatever else springs to mind.
Friday, October 21, 2011
This project was a bit of a thorn in my side.
Resizing and reshaping the pattern pieces to fit me wasn't the issue. It was time consuming sure, but not irritating.
And deciding the finished product didn't need non-working buttons down the front to be gorgeous was a good thing.
No the irritating part came when I was done and the finished product fit the dress from perfectly and then fell off me. I lost too much weight between making the dress form and sewing this garment.
We did make it work though. My old strapless from our wedding was brought into service and since I didn't have time to make my coat I wore a white blouse under the bustier.