Saturday, December 6, 2008

Poking fun

My FH and I have a dear friend who went to the same university as us and ended up being FH's bachelor roommate when he first moved to this area.

We're all gamers of some kind. I prefer tabletop RPG's, while FH likes a bit of everything.

Our friend LOVES video games. It doesn't matter if it's a PC game or a console game. The man loves games.

Last year for his birthday I cooked up a surprise for him. The video game, Portal, has two very recognizable features/characters.

Here are his gifts from last year:





























The "Weighted Companion Cube" and the "Cake."

The cube and the smallest cake in the pictures are made from polymer clay. The large cake on the right was actually edible. However being the evil wench that I am I took the game's catch phrase, "The cake is a lie," and ran with it.

The large cake on the left is actually a paper mache box that I bought at Michael's and then frosted to look just like the real thing.

He was mightily confused when the steak knife would not cut.


I pulled the edible cake out of hiding after he stabbed the fake one.

Needless to say I've got something planned for his birthday this year. I don't think it will top what I did for him last year, but I know he will like it. I will get pictures up after the fact.

No comments: