Here are some of the long awaited pictures of the sewing projects that booting the trading post off the kitchen table.
First is one of the modified shirts for FH to wear. The buttons and pocket were cut off and the front sewn shut. I did one for LittleD too, but he was really good at hiding this weekend. I still have a shirt for each of them left to modify. The head scarf is a square of fabric 1 yard x 1 yard. Right now it's machine basted in place. I fully intended to sew the hems by hand at the Rendezvous, but he needed it thanks to the sun. I'll get another one started soon too.
Here's the first bag I made for FH. It fits his mallet and other long tools for leather projects. The green fabric is wool from a coat I found at Goodwill for $0.50 and cut up. Gotta love summer dealts on winter items!
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what this is?
Ta da! It's a place to keep leather tools organized!
I made the pattern up the other day and literally sewed the pockets in place with a tool in them for spacing. I was in a hurry and couldn't get to my craft room for green thread, so the ends are sewn closed with the natural I was using on the bag itself. I still need to get something on the back to tie the bag closed when it's rolled up.
That's all for now. I need more canvas before I can do any more bags. I have fabric for a shirt and a long-sleeved waistcoat for FH but I don't have the patterns yet. I do have fabric for an apron of my own and a new petticoat. My friend, Donna, has the patterns and the plan is to cut them out next week.
I'm going to get back to minis for a while. I was sick of sewing before I started. ;-)
Oh before I forget, I bought FH a present from a trader at the 'Vous:
The horn is transparent enough that when he puts powder inside, we'll be able to see it! I thought it was the coolest thing ever! :-)