Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Shower Fun

No, really. This one was fun. A couples' baby shower at a Chinese buffet that has some of the freshest food in town. No silly games. No streamers and frills. No horrid baby stories about the mother-to-be. No terrifying, and usually uncomfortable, labor pain stories. Just a bunch of friends sitting around, eating good food, and laughing. There was even cake!

As far as her presents went, I took pictures of ours before we left. I figured some of you would like to see. ;-)

I didn't have a lot of time to make things when I wasn't feeling terrible. So I bought some clothes. This one is my absolute favorite dress. I bought it to be worn next summer. I knew so many people would buy dresses for this summer.


I adore the smocking on this one! One of these days I will learn how to do that.
Then here's one for late summer, or mid spring new year.
A 3-pack of onesies. Can't ever have too many of those!
Now for the really good part! I did have some booties in my "stash" of baby girl gifts, so they got wrapped up too!

Slipper-style booties: pastel green polar fleece, trimmed in pink.
Crocheted booties: "Roman sandal"-style, pink bedspread weight cotton, trimmed in white.
Ta da! You knew I wouldn't give just bought gifts, didn't you? :-)

11 comments:

Mary said...

Once again, you share us booties that are pink and green...my favorite color combination, how cute!

MiniKat said...

It's such a nice combination. I love it! :-)

Fantasy Whispers - Vania Cruz-Perez said...

Lovely baby items :)
The dress is my favorite.

The cake looks delicious!! Been on a diet for several weeks and I need sugar!

Vania

julie campbell said...

ooh gorgous little dresses ! and boottees ! its such fun buying pretty baby clothes and I;m glad you enjoyed the shower, that cake looks delicious :0)
julie xxx

Katie said...

Makes me wish I had a baby girl again.....ummmm. Their clothes are so much fun tobuy!! I love that yellow dress! And your booties!!! Love those little pink ones! And the trim on the other pair!!! Too cute!

Kim said...

I love all of it, but those pink booties are so cute!

Caseymini said...

I can just see little pink toes peeking through the little pink booties! So cute. I love the dress that is your favorite too. It had to be a great shower. What could be better than Chinese food, cake and no games!?

Tallulah~Belle said...

Now that kind of baby shower I could live with. I've been to 2 over here that were the silly games ones..not for me lol.

I love your little green booties...you should make those to sell...bet they'd go like hot cakes.

Karen B. said...

Oh, you're so talented! I love the booties, they are so precious. And don't little girls look so sweet in those smocked dresses? Sigh.

Debbie said...

So cute. Love the little bootees..x

Liberty Biberty said...

Ahhh, baby clothes! I learned smocking at school, I asked the sewing teacher to show me how. I smocked a few things for Noah when he was a baby but I've never done anything for Liberty! Isn't that terrible!
Mercedes