And I think that the Shabby Chic Shop it completed (for the moment) now. I found a forgotten, neglected, and unfinished Chrysenbon clock kit in my stash. I had painted it pale yellow and tried (valiantly) to paint ivy on it. Needless to say that failed miserably and it sat in my stash for the better part of a decade incomplete and unloved. The brass cover for the pendulum had vanished somewhere in that time. Apparently I had decided to no use the brass piece that the clock face is supposed to sit in. Instead that sticker was directly on the plastic. Happily it came back off and the brass clock front had not joined the pendulum cover. Here's what it looks like now. I must apologize for not taking a "before" picture. It was late at night when I finally found it and by then the plan just took over.
When I found it again I rubbed a light coat of gesso over the original paint and then wiped it off. I only wanted to tone down the previous colors. Then coated the whole thing in a thick coat of crackle medium. After ten minutes or so I slathered on some white paint.
When that was dry I dry-brushed a little bit of pink onto the sides and decorative edges. Then I reattached the clock face in the brass cover and glued it in place. A rare stroke of genius told me to glue a sea shell in place of the brass pendulum cover.
So now it is finished, loved, and in place.
Hopefully I will have something to show you tomorrow or Thursday. See you then!