Saturday, September 10, 2011

Showing Off Bootie(s)

So in the mad dash to finish machine stitches before relinquishing my trusty Singer last week, I was able to prep five pairs of fleece booties.  Add in a random pair that was never finished before and that gave me six pair to finish up.  These are all sized for babies born in late spring-early fall to wear come winter.  After I finish sewing the last two pair that I've already cut, then I get to ponder the smaller size for the two winter babies.

 I used Vogue 7707, view C, but I omitted the suggested piping for the cuffs.  Some of my contrast fabrics were busy enough already.  Btw this Vogue pattern is one of my "go-to" patterns whenever someone is expecting.  I love this pattern.

 The pile o' booties waiting to be sewn.  I started the purple pair before I thought to take a picture.  One blue pair and the cream pair are waiting for me to get back to them.
Six finished pairs of booties.  The navy blue and red were the random pair that were never finished from a few years ago. 
When I was going through my stash of buttons I found a bag of animal faces like the ones I bought for the Panda Nursery.  I guess I liked them more than once!  Of course this means I have a use for all the non-panda faces in the package I have with the mini supplies.

Oh and the Singer is home as of Wednesday morning.  I'm so happy to have it back!
Time to get back to work!

3 comments:

Lataina said...

Oh, it just keeps getting better! I love 'em so much. I can picture babies wearing all these adorable items you've been making and their sweet little baby smell. So cute!!!!!! =)

dalesdreams said...

Oh, my goodness! So I'm reading along and I see you mention the panda room and I thought, oh, I never got to see that. So, I'm wandering all over your blog looking for it and found Artan!

Too funny! I've been caring for a little black bear myself for the past eight weeks, bottle feeding and all. Tomorrow is his 12 week appt at the vets. It was so nice to go through all of the pics of him. Ours has a bit longer hair, but when hubby walked past while I was reading, he thought your Artan was our little Tommy boy. So cute. :)


I like your booties, too, btw! :)

Maria Ireland said...

Your booties are beautiful. Hugs Maria