Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ponies!

These ponies were so much fun to work on and cute to boot!  I have to say this Vogue pattern is now one of my "go-to" patterns for baby gifts.   (The fleece puppy and bunny toys I've already cut out also came from this pattern.)
 I decimated the majority of my fleece stash between these toys and the two hat styles.  In fact you can see pieces for the Tulip Hats in this picture- upper left corner.
 The first five ponies.  Yes I said first.  I have plans to do at least four more.  The three ponies that match the Tulip Hats are going to girl babies that have big sisters.  I just happen to have extra manes, tails, and saddles that match each pony's body color.  I'm going to make the big sisters ponies with the coordinating extras.  Fun fact:  If you look up "glutton for punishment" in the dictionary, you'll find my name.
 Here are the ponies ready to be stuffed.
Stuffed and waiting on embroidered faces.  I'm going with embroidery for the faces on all of the fleece toys because they are for infants.  Much safer that way. 

No comments: