Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shabby Chic in 1 inch scale, pt.4

Here is the next-to-last installment of Shabby Chic. The additional items were all in my stash or put together from found items for this project. I think my favorite additions are the jewelry findings and shells on the windowsill and the white elephant on the shell-shelf. That elephant once graced a necklace belonging to my mother's best-friend. When she passed away and her family told me I could pick through her costume jewelry for anything I could use for my miniatures, I latched onto that necklace. It felt right putting the elephant in this piece. The shelf seemed to be waiting for him.



The final piece on Shabby Chic will be a while in coming as I must wait for me to find two identical hatboxes or decorative storage boxes that I can use to build a structure to house the scene. I have to keep paws, little fingers, and dust out somehow. ;-)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm impressed. What do you do with your minatures when they're finished?

MiniKat said...

Generally I keep them and put them on display around the house. Sometimes I make them for other people.

Karen said...

I miss a few days and there are so many goodies to read and enjoy! I love Shabby Chic, and that elephant on the little shelf is sooo cute.

Alice said...

It all came together so well! I hope you find the correct container soon. Hatboxes would be perfect, if you can find what you need.