Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thoughts on exploited children

According to a recent article on CNN.com the FBI has freed 576 children from forced child prostitution. This makes me wonder how those children are going to be helped in the long run. Will they be reunited with their families? Will they be given the counseling they need to heal the damage to their spirits? How does that work? Are they just given back to their families or sent to foster care and left to fend for themselves? Can anyone shed some hopeful light on these questions for me?

Then my thoughts turn to the people who put the children in the hellish position that the Bureau rescued them from. Horse whipping is too good for them. Bullets are reloadable. An angry mob with torches and pitchforks might be fun. I suppose what I am getting at is that prison is too good for them. I would prefer that my tax dollars not feed and clothe those particular monsters for any length of time.

No comments: