Thursday, March 18, 2010

Faux Stained Glass

There's a lovely window in my miniature area that looks out onto the garden. However the height of the window allows for a good deal of sunlight coming in all day... and it's aimed right at my painted dollhouses.
So I fixed it.It took one and two thirds panels of "Wisteria" by Art Glass to do it, but I am in love with the result. The light still pours in at the bottom for kitties to nap in and my miniatures are protected more from fading.

I'm heading back to work now! :-)

10 comments:

Caseymini said...

Beautiful, Kat!I have had the panel by our front door done in Gallery glass for over ten years. The stuff is great and it lasts really well! I love your wisteria.

Debbie said...

Looks lovely Kat...x

miniannalee said...

I have the same decal on my craft room window. My cats kept bending the blinds backwards so they could look out the window. Car headlights kept shining in it from down the road so this was mainly for privacy. I found the decal at a local thrift store.

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty Kat. Your house is coming along so nicely. I was so sorry to read about Castor but my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope that maybe his system might have been a little mixed up due to the change in environment.

Michelle said...

I lovelovelove the Wisteria pattern; doing a Tiffany lamp in that pattern is on my bucket list (yes, once upon a time at least, I did REAL stained glass!).

Wendie-kins said...

thats a gorgeous transformation Katkins :o) I wish I had your energy!!
((((hugs)))) for Castor x

JDayMinis said...

That is lovely!!

Tallulah Belle said...

Beautiful I love it. I've seen similar at Home Depot and keep looking at them.

I wondered if they'd look tacky but now I know the answer is no...I really like them.

Kathi said...

What a transformation! I love that stuff too. It lasts and really does look like stained glass! Beautiful!

Leigh said...

I love it! I've always been a lover of stained glass, and this is a beautiful way to get the look. I need to look for something like this too.