Thursday, January 28, 2010


The vet called today and told us Castor's blood work is perfect. So now we're deciding whether to run a different blood test for pancreatic problems (which is pricey since the sample would have to be overnighted to Texas) or wait a month or so for the steroids to get out of his system and do an endoscopy with sampling for biopsies (also pricey). Note that it's likely that we'd end up doing the endoscopy anyway, so that's probably what's going to happen.

For the moment we're in a holding pattern because frankly there is no money for anything other than regular bills and moving. Not to mention Tempie will need her teeth done again soon. At least waiting on the drugs to get flushed from his system will buy us time to save and cut corners.

Right now Castor is doing his level best to keep me from packing. It's not interesting enough and I should be paying more attention to him. I guess I should get back to administering belly rubs and head scratches.


Caseymini said...

Kat, please give Castor an extra scratch and a belly rub from me too. I hope he is ok for now. Hang in there Castor and be nice to your mom and let her pack!


A. Wright said...

Well it sounds like he's acting energetic enough :) Hang in there Kat and give the fuzzies and yourself a little extra pampering.

Katie said...

Sorry to hear that Castor is having problems, but glad to hear that his blood work came back normal! :)