Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Veritable Flood of Yarn

Lots of fiber related things have been happening this week!

First off are my Icy Owl Warmers. I bought the pattern on Ravelry. It's called "Country Owl Wrist Warmers" for anyone interested.

Then since FuzzyHusband asked oh so nicely, I made him a new hat because Real Men Respect Pink. (That's the clever title I gave the project on Ravelry.) This was a free Ravelry download called "Pussy Hat Project." 



Then I made myself a little something fun. I'm going to work this pattern up again at some point as I really enjoyed it. This is my Mammoth Cave Infinity Scarf. Mammoth Cave is the name of the yarn color. The pattern is free on Ravelry and is called the Savannah Infinity Scarf.

Now I'm almost finished with a new project! This is a free pattern on Lion Brand's website and is called Twisted Wave Cowl.  It's currently the length called for in the pattern, but for it to lay correctly on myself it needs to be a bit longer. So I'm going to see what another 6 inches looks like on it.

Now I bought myself a bit of a treat Saturday.

The caveat is I can't play with it until I finish the cowl from above, a hat/ear warmer thing that I've queued up, AND figured out what this mess is and fished what's in the bag.

I really only have a couple of guesses as to what's in that bag. It's been kicking around for a couple of years now. Here's hoping I get it figured out and everything finished so I can get my reward!

Now for a little something different. My niece (her mom is my "sister from another mister") had a painting party for her Sweet 16. I didn't feel much like painting a tree, so I did a kelp forest instead.

So that's all for now, I need to get this house tidied up, laundry done, some sewing worked on, and the back to the crochet. I might be late in posting next weekend. We'll be traveling for another family birthday. Just an FYI. Take care, everyone!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love those owl mitts!!! A co-worker bought the knit owl hat pattern that has that motif around the sides so I can knit it for her; would love to find matching KNIT mitts. Guess I'll go hunt on Ravelry.

Love that FH requested a PussyHat; yay FH and MiniKat!