Sunday, February 5, 2017

More Yarn!

I finished up my Twisted Canyon Wave last Monday. Very pleased with how it turned out. Free pattern from Lion Brand can be found here. 


When that piece was finished I had two choices. A skein of Plymouth Encore Boucle that I wanted to turn into ear warmers, or going through the mystery bag of stuff that I posted about last week. I chose the ear warmers. Pattern is called Amelia Chunky Ear Warmer with Buttons and can be downloaded from Ravelry.


 Then I had no choice but to dig through that bag. One thing I found was a pair of fingerless gloves that were about half done. The pattern had been free on Ravelry about 3 years ago, but has since been removed. Happily I had printed the instructions so I could finish them!

I also found two skeins of Red Heart Unforgettable that I seriously don't remember buying. A browse through Ravelry's pattern database led me to Coraline in the Wine Country and couple of days later I had this shawl. It still needs to be blocked, but it used up most of the two skeins, leaving very little left over.



 Once I was done with the mystery bag's contents, I was able to reward myself with the cabled cowl I wanted to make myself with some Misti Alpaca yarn I bought last weekend. Such a fun and gorgeous pattern! The Alexis Cowl pattern can be found on Ravelry. Side note, it's by the same designer who created the ear warmer pattern that I used. Apparently I like her style.

Saturday morning rolled around and I found myself on a long car ride. Happily I packed yarn from my stash! I worked up another pair of the Country Owl Wrist Warmers in some Plymouth Encore that I'd discovered. It was left over after only using 9 grams from the skein in a project years ago.


Then I started in on this lovely thing. It's going to be a dressy scarf. I've made this pattern before and it is still fun to play with. The Unforgettable One-Skien Scarf pattern can be found here. It's designed to use one skein of Red Heart's Unforgettable yarn. I have to admit it's probably the loveliest easy-to-find 100% acrylic yarn that I've felt. I still have another skein in my stash that I need to find a use for.

That's all for this week. Lots of finished items made mostly from materials that's been stashed for at least 3 years. I'll hopefully get to treat myself to some new yarn to make another infinity scarf from the same pattern I posted about last week. But first I've got a few more things to finish from the stash. See you next week!

No comments: