Sunday, January 4, 2015

Renwal Restoration

Happy New Year! I hope 2015 is a good year for everyone!

One of the gifts I received this Yule was my Aunt Pat's Renwal dollhouse. It's not her childhood dollhouse, that was lost many years ago. But she found one nearly like it at an antique shop about 20 years ago. It needed some work then and, well, now needs even more work.

The second floor has to be completely replaced.
 At least I won't have as much carpet residue to remove that way.

 The walls need new paper/paint.

The outside is in fairly good shape. It needs a gentle cleaning and the porch columns need tightening.
 Three window and the front door need replacing, unless Aunt Pat finds them in her storeroom somewhere.
 The roof pieces need cleaned and re-attatched.

She had been collecting the plastic furniture from Renwal and Ideal as well. She has a habit of over-buying for projects, but that's half the fun!
All of the furniture needed washing, and that's how I've been spending my free time this week. Eight of the pieces (dining room table and chairs, buffet, and blue chair) have some kind of residue that smells like acetone on them, so I'm still working on trying to get them clean. It's to the point where I'm having to scrape the residue off with q-tips and toothpicks. It won't wash, soak, or brush off.

As for the rest of the furniture, it's clean, dry, and waiting for the archival box and tissue I ordered to get here. I'm going to store it nicely until the house is ready. Whatever furniture I decide not to use will have safe storage this way as well.

That's all for this week. I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and watch the birds at my feeders. It's snowing, so everyone is wanting to eat a good meal. See you next week!

1 comment:

Timea said...

Hi. You've got a good collection of
furniture there.
Did you make all of them ?
Will be fun to clean them ...
Timea
enchantedolls.blogspot.co.uk