Friday, January 6, 2012

Musical Roses: The Beginning

As promised, here are the first two days worth of stitching.  The kit is by Janlynn and is called "Musical Roses."  The roses are really more of a highlight in the design, accenting the jazzy piano and string bass.  Various musical notes are peppered throughout the picture.

I did start in the center but quickly decided to take advantage of my grid and moved to the top to work my way down.  The color changes would be more interesting that way.

You will slowly start to see the vase of coral colored roses appear on top of the piano.  The piano has a neat curve to it, almost like it's dancing to the music.
More progression pictures tomorrow!  I will be spacing these out over time and post on the other things I'm doing as well for the next several days.

No comments: