Sunday, July 18, 2010

Flowers and Frogging








As to the "frogging" bit, I'm pulling out every stitch of white thread from the flowerpot portion of the current cross stitch. It's nearly impossible to see in a picture, but somehow the kit included two tones of white floss. I went out and purchased a skein of white floss and it's ye a different tone. How in the world that happened I don't know... But I figure if I pull the whites out of the flowerpot and replace it with white from the purchased skein it will look a lot better in person. The white on the kitten can just be a bit different from the white on the flowerpot.

2 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kat, I don't envy you. No matter what shade of white, it is very hard to ribbit, ribbit. Actually, I am not surprised. White is one of the hardest colors to match, believe it or not. No matter what kind of thread. I have had that happen in just about every kind of thread that there is, including knitting yarn. Sorry that you are having to frog!

Michelle said...

I have never seen a daylily like that lavender and white one with the green throat; it's exquisite!!!