I was happily working through my stash at a good clip when I got hit with a nasty head cold. I finished the scarf Sunday night and was feeling fine.
Monday I decided to dig out my stash of kitchen cotton yarn and towels. I picked out a few things to get started on and got to work. Tuesday I started feeling really sick and I was having trouble keeping count of my stitches.
Not wanting my productivity thwarted, on Wednesday I pulled out a hibernating project of dish scrubbers that needed sewn up.
By Thursday after much rest and fluids I could crochet again without issue and finished up all eight towels that I'd been trying to work on earlier.
I also was able to go through the bin I keep the kitchen cotton in and update my stash info on Ravelry so I wouldn't keep buying the same things over and over. Plus I untangled a couple of skeins whose labels had popped off and turned into tangled messes. Those got wound into center pull balls too. I love my trusty yarn winder!
Friday I read through a few patterns and tried to decide what to play with next. I didn't have the correct size hooks for any of my top choices, so I randomly picked something short and sweet from my Ravelry queue.
It doesn't quite fit the shape of our dishsoap bottle, but it's enough to keep the drips at bay. Plus it was fun and used another 12 grams of kitchen cotton from my stash of partial skeins.
Yesterday I finally felt well enough to venture outside. The sun was out and it was unseasonably warm, so I wanted to take advantage of it. FuzzyHusband drove us around for some fun errands and I treated myself to a pair of kitchen towels and some coordinating Sugar'n Cream cottons.
I was able to finish two of the four crochet tops yesterday.
The other two have their blanket stitch foundations done and are ready to be finished.
I guess I know what I"m doing for a little bit today, at least once the laundry's put away. ;-)
See you next weekend!