Sunday, May 15, 2016

Start of A Bun

Last week was pretty crazy busy. I spent most of Monday and Tuesday dealing with storms, so I couldn't stream. I cleaned instead, which while not as fun was very necessary.

Wednesday I tried playing with some round hat boxes from the mini group meeting the week before, but they failed spectacularly. Not to be undaunted, I switched gears and played with some hat straw. I made two hats and apparently neglected to get a photo of them. Will have to remedy that at some point.

Thursday was much more fun! I did some pattern alteration and then sculpted a bunny.




I need to paint his face and then I'm going to flock him so he's fuzzy. I've never flocked a mini animal before, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Friday was a fun shopping day with a friend. Fat quarters, a remnant, and silk ribbon came home with me.


Saturday was the best though! Miss Hummingbird (not-so Little D's sister) is on a rugby team and she had a game. No pics of that as the girls are all minors. ;-)

But! FH and I went to a street festival and we got to see The Enigma perform! I've been wanting to see him live for decades! FH took this picture. I was sitting on a curb and FH was standing behind me. I still have bits of apple from the chainsaw portion of the act in my hair.

Because we know the man who organized the festival I was actually bale to meet The Enigma and chat with him, and the other performers, for quite a bit as we helped strike the set for the night.

That's all for now. I've got to read up on how to flock this bunny. There are some great tutorials on the CDHM site. See you next week!

No comments: