Sunday, December 13, 2015

Quilting Commission, Mini Style

It's been a busy week. A friend of mine has a mother-in-law who quilts and love miniatures, so she asked me if there were any bits from the stash of items for the Patchwork Peach quilt shop that I'd be willing to part with. Other than a couple of fat quarter bundles, I really didn't have anything available. Luckily for her I love her dearly (I was there the day she was born as her brother and I were in kindergarten together) and had some time after the Festival of Trees dollhouse was done.I finally finished everything yesterday and can mail it out tomorrow morning. I'm so excited!


The big quilt's design is from the Venus A. Dodge mini needlework book.

I should say here that none of the printies are being sold, because the original images aren't my own. However I'm gifting them to my friend and what she chooses to do with them is her choice. I'm betting they end up in her mother-in-law's dollhouse.

One of my favorite quilting books in print!

Can't have a mini quilting studio without rulers!

I used scraps of white flannel for the batting. I tea-dyed it to be the right color.

 The rotary cutter started out being a charm for a bracelet.

This is my favorite... a hand sewing/quilting project in progress. The top of one pillow is sandwiched and basted while the other is still being put together. The project that I based this on is by Pamela Warner and is in her Victorian embroidery book for minis. I made a printie of the "pattern" for this using an image from the book. It's got her name on it, just like real life quilting patterns have, and on the back there is a tiny materials list.

While I waited on the last of the glue to dry yesterday, I started some orange springerle cookies. My neighbor gifted me for a lovely bunny-themed mold for an early Christmas and I wanted to try it out.

They're still drying, as springerles need to dry for about 24 hours before you bake them. I'll be baking them tonight and then tomorrow I'll start another batch of dough with another flavor.

That's all for now. I need to get some laundry done and perhaps have a chance to walk Mercedes in between periods of rain. See you next weekend!

No comments: