I also have a couple of new applique patterns in my stash.
I made a new friend recently and we did a mini shop hop a couple of weeks ago. Last Monday we had a play day to work on quilts using our fabrics and a new pattern. I fussy cut my feature fabric, so it took me longer to get my blocks going, but I did catch up to her.
I finished the top on Thursday. After that, I pondered a few patterns and the rest of my new fabrics. Once I figured out what I was doing, I started in on blocks for another top. Artie is "helping" make sure the fabric doesn't get away.
The picture doesn't do the fabrics justice. The dark green in the center of the left hand block is the same green I used to frame the feature fabric blocks in the first quilt. The black and neutral prints are similar in tone to the black and neutral border and block fabric from the first quilt too. I still have 20 more blocks to piece and then some borders to cut out.
Neither of these will be quilted anytime soon. I've got too many backlogged projects that need to come first. But it was fun to have a break and sew with a friend. We're going to do some more fabric shopping and sewing next Wednesday, if all goes as planned. I did find possible backs while I was down south. I'll compare the colors once we're home.
I did also get some garden work done. This is the current layout of the three tiers of perennials I have planted out back. I don't know if you can read my notes when the picture is full-sized, but I've labeled everything that's in there and marked where other things need to go in some cases.
The white ovals on the far ends of the middle bed are Montana sandworts. I found them on Wednesday at a local place. They are a low, spreading plant that will look nice in from of the purple spiderworts and yellow foxgloves. Here's a closer picture of one.
The vegetable garden is coming along nicely. No recent photos of it... I wasn't thinking about it when it wasn't raining. Blame the irises for being too distracting.
The mauve iris by the AC unit will be transplanted to the main iris bed once they have stopped blooming. I'm not sure how it ended up there, but I think it needs to be rehomed.
The lily of the valley are blooming here too.
And speaking of flowers, here are some more roses that still need leaves and sprayed with fixative.
I've been so busy I haven't had time to work on more since before Mother's Day. Here's hoping I can get caught up with things. I'm way behind on my project to-do list.
There are mini quilt bolts to roll, fat quarter bundles to make, shelves for said fabric bolts to construct, dolls to sculpt and dress, an entire physical therapy office to construct (long story), and the list goes on and on! Let's not forget the quilts! A diaper bag, two baby quilts, two table runners, a lap quilt, and a full-size bed quilt are all sandwiched and waiting for me to quilt them. I don't even want to think about the stitching and crocheting unfinished objects...
That's all for this week. Next weekend we're staying put, so hopefully I can get some things finished. See you then!