Now, I eluded to a new quilting project last week. I figured now would be a nice time to post about it. FH and I are currently driving back from down south. Had to go visit our moms for the weekend.
This project started out on rocky footing. I couldn't find a design I liked anywhere and finally I decided to draft one myself.
The front sports a small Dresden plate made with a 30 degree ruler. I used three different fabrics for the petals.
Then I turned it 90 degrees, made an even edge, and cut 2 inch strips off. The rectangles were alternated to create a diagonal stripe. However, it's at home and I forgot to get a picture of it before we headed south.
To make it up to you, here's a picture of Thursday night's miniature group project. We made roses.