The Flowerpot Kitty piece is done! One of my guild members had the right black floss to finish the back stitching. We had a meeting at her home on Wednesday and she happened to have the floss in her stash. She very much wanted me to finish a project. I guess my habit of having multiple projects going at once scandalized her. (She never starts a new project without finishing the one she's already started.)
I will be framing this and the Dalmation puppy over the weekend.
Next up is my mother's birthday gift. I started it on Monday of this week and had the stitching done Wednesday afternoon. The framing was put off until Thursday due to a lack of acid free adhesives in the house. A quick trip to the scrapbooking store fixed the issue and framing was a breeze.
I should note that the decorative mat and frame were part of the kit. It's part of the Daydreams collection by Dimensions.
Third we have the project I started to keep my hands busy while I looked for replacement thread for the kitty. It's also a Dimensions kit and meant to have a surname and year stitched in the middle. I'm not sure if I'm keeping this one or giving it to my in-laws, but I can figure that out once I get to the year.
Last is the old Frank Lloyd Wright piece I started last year. It was supposed to be a Yule gift for my dad, but I got distracted when Uncle Will died. The goal is to finish this up and get it framed for his 90th birthday next weekend.
Luckily I had gotten quite a bit done before life got in the way. The only cross stitching left is the light green blocks around the left side and bottom. Then it's all back stitching.