Sunday, December 16, 2018

A Quick Bit of Downtime

Because bacon and caffeine are more important than pies, I've got a bit of downtime while waiting on access to our smallish kitchen.

This week started normally, but Tuesday one of my doctor's offices called asking if I could come in for a procedure we were planning that afternoon. That was more than a surprise. Fortunately not one I needed to have fasted for. I spent the rest of the week taking it easy and letting the FuzzyHusband bring me white chocolate milkshakes.
Words of wisdom from my doctor's office! Made me giggle!


Thursday our nephew "Little D," who's not so little anymore, let me know he was on leave and in the area. So we went out to lunch and ran around town together. His wife couldn't come because she busy prepping for them to both be deployed overseas. I did get to chat with her on the phone for a bit. We really like her.

By Friday I was back to catching up on laundry and other lighter chores. Oh joy and rapture. Ellie Bean was so helpful in this endeavor.


I did find some time to play with this little room setting though. I put it together to decorate our hutch in the kitchen. It still needs some printies and a clock. But I'm happy to get more things out of my stash an into displays.



I've misplaced my notes from perfecting chess pies a few years ago, so I get to start over. This time the custard gets made with fresh eggs from a friend's hens and ducks. I made my crust dough Friday but was too tired to do anything with it.

Saturday was another burlesque photoshoot, so I had my hands full all morning and into the afternoon. But! The shoot was set at the previously mentioned friend's home and I got to visit with the birds when we were done. Silly me got so excited to pet the female turkey I forgot to take any pictures outside. My friend has so many varieties of fowl and they're all so gorgeous. I did get this picture of the youngest birds who are about to transition out of the mud room and into the barn.

I love those poofy feathered heads!

When we got home, Pixel decided to watch FH oh-so-carefully as he trussed up a chicken for roasting. I promise it was not one we'd been admiring earlier!

Himself is about done in the kitchen which means I can start rolling out my crusts and making custard filling. I've got rehearsal tonight which means captive taste testers. 

See you next weekend!

1 comment:

Troy said...

I like your 'words of wisdom' cute - the project is not so bad either ;)