Sunday, January 14, 2018

Back to Black Bear

I dug out the Black Bear cross stitch that I hadn't touched in apparently four years. Whoops. Anyways, this is what it looked like the last time I played with it.

And this is what it looks like today.

I went from being very pleased to firmly irritated very quickly. Those trees on the right hand side should be over two stitches to the right. Somehow I lost count whilst putting in the sky and that threw everything off in the tree tops. And of course I didn't figure it out until trying to flesh out the last large tree before the faint tree line across the bears back. *sigh*

So what has to happen now it I finish all but the last large tree and then sort of fill in the spaces for the last tree, omitting a column of stitching that's 2 stitches by maybe 20 stitches. After that, I'll have to alter the stitched frame around the whole scene.

If the kit had clear DMC labels on the floss, I'd probably rip out that upper corner and restitch it, but it doesn't. So now it's either throw it away in frustration, which I'm not a fan of, or work around the problem. Thus stitching becomes a metaphor for life.

FuzzyHusband suggested that I pull out a small kit and work it up just so I could do a small thing to be happier with. I took his advice and started this snowman.


Just a few more cross stitches to fill him in and then the back stitching and French knots. I will also say that Ellie makes it very difficult to do hand work. This is her current, and favorite, position these days.

That's all for now. I need to get back to catching up with laundry and get the leftovers from dinner put away. See you next weekend!

No comments: