Sunday, March 19, 2017

And Now For Something Completely Different

No crochet happened this week. None. Because I spent 63 hours working on this:

So pleased with how this turned out, despite being a rush job!

The pattern is McCall's M7339. My client chose that metallic silver fabric, which happened to be a knit. So I interfaced all the body pieces as well as the lining pieces. The first 8 hours was pattern piece alteration. Once the muslin mock up fit, I cut the lining, the corset body fabrics, and lots of interfacing. So much interfacing.

The black fabric is actually the "wrong" side of the silver fabric. Little glimmers of the silver peek through, for a fun contrast. The black roses are actually a sequin netting fabric that I overlaid on top of the silver.

FuzzyHusband's leatherworking tools came in handy when it came time for the grommets. Made that process so much easier. Also thankful for the twin needle on my sewing machine and the invisible thread from my quilting stash. Adding the trim was so easy thanks to them!

My client wore this last night on stage during a burlesque show. She was a lot of fun to so for. I look forward to working with her again.... with more time allotted for me to sew in. 63 hours in 6 days was not fun. ;-)

I'm going to relax for a few days and get back to crocheting once my hands forgive my for the abuses heaped upon them. See you next weekend!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful, complicated, labor-intensive project! I can't imagine what she should have paid for that!