Sunday, October 9, 2016

Some Little Things

Wandering around JoAnn Fabrics last week resulted in a pattern and fabric catching my eye.


Artie "helped" of course.

I still need to clean up some threads and topstitch around the zipper.


I followed the pattern exactly and didn't like a couple of things. I'm going to make another one with some changes and see how it works out.

Saturday was our mini club's workshop day. Instead of doing the N.A.M.E. project like we usually do, we all worked on things for our hat shop.

The straw hats were actually make by Kat the Hat Lady years ago. I bought a handful of them undecorated. The purple hat is one I started as an example when I taught everyone that style of hat. I spent a good portion of my time teaching everyone (one on one) how to make silk ribbon roses. 

That's all for now. Time to find a bite to eat and ponder what to do for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Юлия said...

Interesting fabric! Very cute hats. How nice that you have a miniature club. In Ukraine there are very few miniaturists.