Sunday, April 19, 2015

Gardening and Khokhloma

We (FH and I) spent various bits of the last week working on gardening projects. I'll just give you the highlights here.

Transplanted hostas from thinning out plants in the same bed, but opposite end.

Planted lily of the valley along part of the front of the house. More will be planted on the other side of the window well in the coming week...weather permitting.
 The far end of the 'Bed from Hell' is now mostly under control and I planted some clematis. I will likely plant more bulbs in there this fall.
There's plenty more to do... more mulching, more transplanting/moving/removal. Hopefully we'll get the giant bed under good control this year.

As to the Khokhloma, I've been working on a traditional-inspired Russian folk design to paint on the sides of the Red Room. There are still some elements in pencil as I'm still pondering them. Then I need to design one for the top of the roombox as well.

[And because this has become an issue for some people, a gentle reminder that this design is copyright me. Please do not use without written consent. Thank you muchly.]
That's all for this week. Time to get back to work!

No comments: