Sunday, March 29, 2015

May the Road Rise to Meet You

This week I said farewell and good luck to someone who has helped me dust off my ethereal pieces and start rebuilding. My therapist for the last few years has retired after dedicating a good portion of her life to helping those who need it most.

I wanted to do something special for her, as not only a thank you, but to mark the end of a long chapter in her life and celebrate the beginning of the new. It needed to be easy to transport and not take up too much space since a cross country move was in store.

After I bit of hunting through various shops, I found this little cake plate dome. It's about the size of my favorite teacup, so I knew the size would work.


Then I started pondering and designing. This is the final result.





And here it is inside the dome.

So thank you for everything, Jean. May you enjoy this next chapter and have many happy days.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's lovely! And it must be hard for you to say good-bye....