Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hanging Tough


Confetti is still hanging tight for now. She's been asking for food, drinking water, and trying to run when it's time for medicines. I am not sure how much longer we have, but she's been my almost constant companion while I unpack, paint, and work on quilts.

At bedtime she hangs with FH until I pull the blankets up... then my chest belongs to her. If he's lucky, she hangs with FH right after he comes home from work too.

I have posts planned around minis, fabric, and other things but I haven't been able to find the camera cable. It's somewhere around here I know it. Once I find it, I will get some normal posts up and running.

More on Confetti when there's more to tell. Thank you all for the kind words and and positive thoughts. They mean a great deal to FH and I.

7 comments:

Caseymini said...

What a beautiful face!Hang in there Confetti!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I am so sorry she is ill. There's nothing harder.
I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer for her.

Miz Minka said...

Dear Kat, I'm so sorry you and FH and Confetti have to go through this. I had a cat with congestive heart failure (she got it when she was 17). When the Lasix finally stopped working I never even got the chance to take her to the vet, it happened so quickly. She actually came into the bedroom that morning (something she *never* did because that room "belonged" to my other cat), meowing loudly, and crawled under the bed. I squatted down beside her and petted her as she took her last labored breaths. Hope Confetti goes more peacefully when the time comes. Thinking of you all at this time. <:( I think it's lovely that she sleeps with you. Enjoy your time with your little beauty!!

Debbie said...

Glad to hear that Confetti is "Hanging Tough". xxxx

Kathi said...

Such a pretty kitty. I know you enjoy cuddling with her. She loves you too, you know..

Ara said...

Glad she's doing well for right now! Will be praying for her! hugs, ara

Wendie-kins said...

I love the cute 2tone heart shape on confettis nose :o) she's hanging in there cos of all the love & snuggles she's been receiving, if only love & snuggles could keep them with us forever....
((((sending her a big hug from me)))) xxx