Sunday, April 14, 2019

Strawberry Girl

I finished my dress, except for the hem on Wednesday. 

Thursday I hemmed it by hand and got it washed and hung to dry.

FuzzyHusband and I both forgot to get a photo of the entire thing at the show. But I did remember a selfie on Saturday night. I wore my hair down, but I did it all by myself, which is a new thing for me. I've never been one for spending time in front of a mirror.

For today's matinee show, one of the other gals styled it for me. Not sure which I like more, but I feel pretty with both.

The only issue with this dress was rubbing from sequins on my upper arms where the strawberries were right next to the armholes. I will spare you the photo and say that it's a good thing I learned my own saliva will break down my own bloodstains back when I was learning to embroider. Ouch.

I did remove the sequins that were obvious problems. It should be better the next time I wear it.

My next project is sitting here on the table. Probably time to get it started.


Especially since it snowed again today.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You look lovely – especially with your hair down!