Sunday, June 24, 2018

Finished Objects! New WIPS! Old WIPS!

And there are so many!

We'll start off with the UFO's that have been plaguing the back of my brain:

The second flag wall-hanging is bound and ready to go to its home.

The chevron quilts I started the day our friends' twins were born are finally done. That's what happens when you get injured and then life continues to be in the way.


This stack of Easter candy themed half circle napkins is now washed and in the buffet drawer.


And now for the new project that's finished!

This tote bag was made from leftovers of my friend's Downton Abbey quilt. It's my little piece of remembrance from the project. There's a second one in different colors planned and kitted up, so it should happen soon.

And now to works in progress!

I've been commissioned to make a baby quilt. Here's what I have taken pictures of. The back's done too but I'd already pressed the seams and hung it up with the top on a hanger before I remembered that I hadn't photographed it yet.

I love it when binding edges looking like candy but too pretty to eat!

I've also recently found all my pieces for the diamond challenge piece that a friend of mine and I were working on. We started it two years ago and we've both had health and scheduling issues. Then I lost my pieces. Whoops. But I've gotten them together now and have figured out how their layout will look. I opted for a runner, originally, instead of a full quilt. This table topper design suits better though.

Oh and the runner that's under those diamonds is an old project too. I recently got it quilted and just need to finish up the binding.  (This is me being lazy and not taking another photo that I forgot. It was a mystery quilt challenge that I pieced a few years ago.

Time to do a bit of cleaning, a bit of brewing, and more sewing. Catch you next weekend!

No comments: